is what I hear from a lot of people when I ask “how was class” or “how was the exam” or “how was your day” or “how was the game”
I don’t say this to people I don’t know very well, but let me just say this again (because I’ve already ranted about this before on this blog like three times)
DO NOT USE RAPE AS A JOKE OR COMMON USE LANGUAGE TO ME
- no I haven’t been raped
- but it’s still a scary thing
- if I knew someone who was raped I probably would be more offended
- but I don’t
- but it’s still offensive to people out there who have been raped
- there are so many other words you could use than rape in these kinds of phrases but you choose “rape”? What? Why? wtf is the point?
- oh man just stop. I thought we were past the age to say these kinds of things.
Like, what’s it going to take for people to use the word “rape” so casually? Getting themselves raped by dirty old perverted and disgusting men? Wooooooow.
I do use curse words more casually these days, but I’m thinking I should try my best to stop. I used to curse in middle school, but I stopped myself. Then conformity happened again in junior year or so, and I started again. But you know what? People sound more serious and whatever when they use non-curse words. Maybe that’s just me, but “I’m pissed” sounds more serious than “I’m fucking pissed”…
In any case, what are some other ways to say your day was bad than the phrase above?
- Today felt like crap/shit.
- It was stupid.
- It went bad.
- It was awful.
- It was torturous.
Not enough impact? Figure that out with your tone.